Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Pasta with Sausage and Cream Sauce


1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 pounds sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup dry white wine
1 Tbsp. minced fresh Italian parsley
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
12 oz. pasta, cooked al dente and drained


1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. minced fresh Italian parsley

In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in sausage and fry until brown. Remove sausage and drain grease. Return sausage to skillet and stir in cream, wine, 1 tablespoon parsley, nutmeg and 1/2 cup Parmesan. Simmer for 3-4 minutes

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and place pasta in heated serving dish. Stir in 2 tablespoons of sausage mixture and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan. Toss until pasta is coated. Pour remaining sausage mixture over pasta. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley.

Yield: 6 servings

Notes:

This is excellent on basil-flavored fettuccine. I've added sautéed asparagus, mushrooms and tomatoes to the mixture, as well. I don't bother with the heated serving dish.

Adapted from Creme De Colorado Cookbook

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This IS an awesome recipe! Infact, about everything in the Creme de Colorado book is great!
Kim Kenney

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Les said...

Kim - I agree! I think we first had it at Scott & Cindy's a couple of years ago. On homemade pasta, of course!

Thanks for popping in with your comment. :)

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow, you have several of the same recipes I have, we have the same taste. This recipe is another one of my favs!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Les said...

Stephanie - It's been a while since I last made this. Time to add it to my weekly menu.

Thanks for checking out my blog. I'll be by to visit yours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home