Thursday, May 08, 2008

Grilled Rosemary Chicken in Herb Vinaigrette




1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup canola oil
Salt and pepper to taste
3 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
3 Tbsp. chopped fresh marjoram

1 (3-pound) chicken, butterflied

For the vinaigrette, process the wine, vinegar, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic in a blender or food processor until blended. Add the olive oil and canola oil gradually, processing constantly until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Add the rosemary and marjoram. Process just until blended.

For the chicken, pierce the chicken with a sharp knife and arrange in a shallow dish. Pour the vinaigrette over the chicken, turning to coat. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours, turning occasionally; drain.

Grill the chicken over medium-high heat (grill lid closed) until cooked through, turning occasionally.


Serves 6

Notes:

I didn't have any fresh herbs, so I used dried rosemary and marjoram. Rather than butterfly a whole chicken, I used one cut-up chicken. I grilled it the pieces for about 20 minutes total.

Original recipe from Colorado Colore: A Palate of Tastes

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger alison said...

Hi Les,

How lucky that I found this great recipe on my very first visit! We made this last night and it turned out wonderfully even though I didn't have rice vinegar or marjoram on hand. And thanks for referring me to your Adirondack cocktail recipe - it sounds so refreshing & I LOVE the name!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Les said...

Alison - I'm happy to hear that the recipe turned out well for you, too! Nice to know the absence of rice vinegar and marjoram didn't ruin it for you.

Have you tried the Adirondack margaritas yet? We had our first batch last weekend. Yum!

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that does look good! Mmmmm!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Les said...

Kristen - I must have a dozen "rosemary/lemon" chicken recipes, but this one really seems to be one of the best. I love the flavor, in spite of the absence of lemon juice in this particular recipe. Maybe it's the Dijon mustard that made the difference. Or maybe I was starving! :)

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It look's to good to be through I am definitely going to try this

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger alison said...

Hi Les -
Just wanted to tell to you that I tried your Adirondack Margaritas and loved them. I think I've found a new addiction! Thanks again for sharing the recipe.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Les said...

Alison - Aren't they yummy?! :)

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Oh MAN! I loooooooove rosemary. I even got my own rosemary plant AND I haven't managed to kill it yet!!!

I am going to try this! It looks delicious!!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Les said...

Heather - I always kill off my rosemary plants! I think I over-water them.

Enjoy the chicken. It's so darned easy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home