Monday, July 09, 2007

Poppyseed Cake




1 white, yellow, or lemon cake mix
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 small container sour cream (8 ounces)
1/8 cup poppy seed (I put in a handful)
Granulated sugar for cake pan


Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Spray cake pan (I use a Bundt pan) with Pam.

Sprinkle bottom of cake pan with a little bit of granulated sugar to lightly coat. Add batter.

Bake cake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.

Note: I've always used Pillsbury white cake mixes (with the pudding in the mix) for this recipe.

This recipe came to me many years ago from one of Rod's co-workers from his days at Cliffs Notes. Thanks, B.A.!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful looking cake. It looks really moist! I love your mold.

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Les said...

Kristen - It is an exceptionally moist cake. Thus, no need for traditional frosting, although a simple drizzle of something sweet and lemony might be a nice addition.

I love the cake pan, too. My husband gave it to me a few years ago. Think it was a hint? ;)

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Andi said...

Mmmm, that looks delicious. Lemon poppyseed is one of my favorites.

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good & easy. Very moist.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Les said...

Kristy - It's one of the most moist cakes I've ever baked. Ice cream not required. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home