Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Mast Farm Inn Sauted Chicken Breasts


6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt
Flour
Butter and/or margarine
Lemon pepper

Rinse chicken in warm water and pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken between a large piece of plastic wrap and gently pound with a cooking mallet. The chicken cooks more evenly if it isn't quite so thick in spots. Be careful not to pound too roughly or you'll tear the chicken meat.

In a shallow bowl or pan, mix a little salt with flour. Lightly dust the chicken breasts in this mixture.

Melt butter and margarine (start with about 1 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons of margarine), in a large frying pan over low to moderate heat. Arrange chicken in pan and sauté lightly, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Sprinkle with lemon pepper and remove to warm serving platter.

May deglaze pan with lemon juice and a little dry white wine and drizzle over chicken if desired.

My notes:

We had this simple, yet delicious chicken the first time we stayed at The Mast Farm Inn in Valle Crucis, North Carolina. It's a very easy, last-minute dinner idea and I usually serve it over angel hair pasta.

Adapted from Mast Farm Inn Family Style Cookbook

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Andi said...

Mmm, looks yummy! And so easy! B. and I were just talking about Valle Crucis the other day. I've never been, and I hope we can make our way out there soonish.

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good and very simple. That's the best kind of recipe.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Les said...

Andi - I have another easy chicken recipe coming up!

Hope you make it to Valle Crucis soon. Boone is a fun, funky little town, too.

Kristy - It's one of my family's favorites. Hope you enjoy it, too.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I've been to Mast Store, but not the Inn. Looks like I need to check it out next time I'm up there. We go to Banner Elk all the time since my aunt and uncle have a condo there. We go right through Valle Crucis. One of the most beautiful places I've ever been.

That chicken looks delicious! I'll have to try it soon!

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That does look easy and looks like it would be full of flavor!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Les said...

Heather - My husband and I loved wandering around the Mast General Store! We need to make a return trip soon. It's been ages!

Kristen - Depending on your family, you can either go really heavy or light on the lemon pepper. Sometimes I add sliced mushrooms, bell peppers and a splash of wine, which makes it even tastier.

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks easy and delicious. I have a ton of chicken and need some new recipes. Thanks for sharing this one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home