Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Green Beans with Pine Nuts


1 ½ pounds green beans, stems removed
2 teaspoons coarse salt
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
¼ cut pine nuts

Bring a large pot of water to boil.
Add the green beans and salt and cook just until tender, about 4 to 6 minutes.
Drain well in a colander.
In the same pot, over medium-high heat, combine the butter and pine nuts.
Cook, stirring frequently, until the pine nuts are lightly toasted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the beans; toss to stir well.
Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing thise recipe! I am always looking for a way to zip up green beans!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Les said...

I've never been a big fan of green beans, but these are quite good. Of course, fresh beans are the best. I loathe canned or frozen. Blech!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Lotus Reads said...

I know of only two ways to make green beans, but thanks to you I now have a third alternative for the next time I buy a pound or two of beans,yeay!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Les said...

I don't have any other recipes for green beans and should seek out some more. They're not my most favorite of vegetables, but they're so good for you! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home