Sunday, February 04, 2007

Pork Chops with Thyme Gravy


4 (1/2-inch thick) boneless pork loin chops, trimmed
1 tsp. dried thyme
Salt & pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1 beef bouillon cube
1 cup hot water
4 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 cup water
Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs

Season chops with salt and pepper. Brown in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning once. Place in a lightly greased 13x9-inch casserole dish. Sprinkle each chop with thyme and dot with butter.

Dissolve bouillon cube in 1 cup hot water; pour around chops. Bake, covered with foil, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Remove pork chops to plate (cover and keep warm). Pour drippings from casserole dish into skillet used to brown chops.

Whisk together flour and 1/2 cup water until smooth; whisk into drippings, and cook, whisking constantly until thick and bubbly. Thin with additional water, if necessary.


Serve gravy with pork chops, and garnish, if desired.

Serves 4

Note: I don't use boneless; bone-in have more flavor.

Delicious with mashed potatoes and green beans.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger Andi said...

Yummmy! My mouth is watering. Those look amazing. I have a recipe for crock pot pork chops that I'll have to post at my place. I think you could appreciate it.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Les said...

Andi - These are good and I generally don't care for pork chops. I like this recipe and the parmesan-crusted chops I have here.

I'll have to try your crock pot recipe. I love the ease of a crock pot but rarely ever use mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home