Saturday, December 02, 2006

Tortellini Rosa


2 Tbsp. butter
4 green onions, chopped
1 8-oz package mushrooms, washed and sliced
1 small can tomato paste
1 cup heavy cream
1 lb. cheese tortellini
1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese

In a large frying pan, saute mushrooms and green onions in melted butter until just tender.

Add tomato paste, stirring until smooth and completely incorporated.

Add heavy cream and stir until well-blended. Turn burner down to low.

Cook tortellini in large pot of boiling water until just done (according to package). Drain and return to pot.

Pour sauce over cooked pasta and toss very gently until tortellini is completely coated. Add cooked bacon and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

Note: This is an excellent side dish to serve with Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops, Oven-barbecued Ribs, or Grilled Flank Steak with Rosemary.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Hmmm...that does look heavenly. I'll have to try that soon! I so love tortellini!!!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Les said...

It's been a while since I've made it, so it's going on this week's menu. I'd be perfectly happy with it and a tossed green salad, but my hubby prefers some sort of meat to go along with it. Maybe I'll get some lamb chops for him. I don't care for those at all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home