Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Kingly Salmon


Rub:

2-3 tsp. dried dill
¼ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt

2 salmon filets (or 3-4 pound tail section, boned and butterflied)

Combine the rub ingredients in a small bowl. Just before grilling, spoon half the rub on each filet, spreading mixture out to cover entire piece of fish. Gently press mixture into fish (don’t worry about the sides or the skin side).

Grill, skin side down on medium heat (grill lid closed) for approx. 10-12 minutes, depending on thickness of fish. Turn fish over so rub side is down and grill for 1-2 more minutes, careful not to burn.

Adapted from Smoke & Spice Cookbook

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Bellezza said...

I cooked a beautiful salmon fillet on Monday night! My husband and man-child like it this way: marinated in nothing but fresh lemon juice, garlic, salt and just before cooking press 3 tablespoons of pepper on the outside. YUM! With any leftover salmon, I make salmon cakes later in the week. It's one of the few fishes I really, really like (along with tuna and whitefish).

Your recipe looks delicious, of course. I'll have to try it for my guys.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Les said...

Bellezza, the original recipe called for pepper, but I dropped it from the list of ingredients as I just don't care for pepper on salmon. Weird, huh? Hope your family enjoys this recipe. It's really yummy with cornbread and coleslaw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home