Thursday, October 26, 2006

Taco Soup



1 can pinto beans
1 can navy beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans (drain and rinse)
1 can corn (optional)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can Rotel tomatoes & chilies (Rotel is brand name)
1 envelope of dry taco seasoning mix
1 envelope dry Ranch dressing mix
1 lb. ground beef

Brown ground beef. Drain fat.

Put beef and all other ingredients in crock pot. Remember, only drain and rinse the black beans.

Cook on low for as long as you need.

Serve with grated cheese, diced onions, sour cream and crackers or Fritos.

NOTES:

I made this in a big pot instead of a crockpot. Simmered on lowest heat (with the lid on) for about an hour and it was delicious.

This is a very hearty soup, almost like chili. It's not at all spicy (I use the mild taco seasoning mix), so you might prefer to add some seasonings (red pepper or chili powder) or hot sauce.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Bellezza said...

Oh my gosh, this looks even better than the lasagne florentine! My son and husband and I LOVE taco anything, I am so copying this down. Perfect for this weather, too! In Illinois, at least.

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Les, am I glad I discovered your cooking blog! I always run out of ideas for meals especially towards the end of the week, so this blog with its wonderful meal suggestions (not to mention recipes) is a wonderful find. Thank you!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Les said...

Bellezza, this is better than the lasagne florentine! Maybe because it's just so darned easy. We've been enjoying the leftovers for the past few days and still haven't tired of it. Hope your family enjoys it.

Lotus, I'm glad you've found your way over to this blog, too. :) Please don't hesitate to ask for clarification if you find any of my recipes confusing. I've been making a lot of these items for years and it's easy to miss a step or forget to mention a tip that I've found helpful. Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home