Saturday, September 23, 2006

Scaloppini di Pollo*



Lemon Butter Sauce:

2 oz. fresh lemon juice
1 oz. white wine
2 oz. heavy cream
1/4 lb. (1 stick) real butter, unsalted

3-4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), pounded thinly
Olive oil and butter for sautéing chicken
Flour, seasoned with salt & pepper, for dredging
6 oz. pancetta, cut up, cooked and drained
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
12 oz. artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
1 tablespoon capers (optional)
angel hair pasta, cooked
Chopped flat leaf (Italian) parsley for garnishing

Sauce:

Heat lemon juice and wine in a saucepan over medium heat.
Bring to boil and reduce by one-third.
Add cream and simmer until mixture thickens (3-4 minutes).
Slowly add butter until completely incorporated.
Season with salt and pepper.
Remove from heat and keep warm.

Chicken and Pasta:

Start the pasta so it can begin to cook while the chicken is cooking.
Heat small amount of oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in large skillet/sauté pan.
Dredge chicken in flour and sauté, turning once, until lightly brown and cooked through (approx. 4 minutes per side).

Remove chicken from pan and keep warm on plate, covered with foil.
Add mushrooms, artichoke hearts and capers to pan, sautéing until mushrooms are tender. This step can actually be done ahead of time in a small amount of butter and oil to save time – just add to pan to re-warm.
Add cooked pancetta and chicken to pan.

Place a serving of angel hair pasta on each plate.
Add half of butter/lemon sauce to sauté pan with chicken and mushrooms. Turn chicken to coat.
Place a chicken breast and some sauce on top of each serving of pasta. Garnish with flat leaf parsley.

*Modified from Macaroni Grill's Chicken Scaloppini recipe.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Bellezza said...

Les, I'm glad you told me about your food blog or I wonder when I would've found it! How fascinating to have a blog on your daughter, books, gardening AND food. I love food, and cooking for my family as well; especially meaningful are the old familiar, traditional recipes that come from our childhood (I noticed one, briefly, that was your mother's.) I'll come to check this out again, of course, but more often I'll dwell in your book blog.

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Les said...

Bellezza - I haven't talked much about this blog, since it's still in its infancy stage. Glad you're enjoying it!

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger tanabata said...

Thought I'd pop over and see your latest blog! :) I tend to like quick throw-em-together type meals (my mom was the experimenter in the kitchen). Way down in my Blogroll, check out Blue Lotus and all her foodie pics.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Les said...

Thanks for visiting my new blog, Nat! If I have a lot of time, I love cooking meals that involve a lot of chopping, sauteing, etc. But if I'm tired or rushed, I love quick & easy recipes. I spent a big chunk of this past Saturday making two double batches (yep, that's 4!) of stew. I froze all of it in individual serving containers for my hubby to take for lunch (or heat up after he gets home from teaching twice a week). Perfect comfort food for autumn and winter. I'll have to check out Blue Lotus! Thanks for the heads-up.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger tanabata said...

Yum! I love stews and hot foods like that in the winter. Total comfort food, like you said.
Here, let me do a link to make life simpler. I was being lazy before.
Blue Lotus
It's mainly Japanese food, but thought it might give you some ideas about taking the pics. I always get hungry looking at her blog! There must be lots of other food blogs out there though. You'll be spending even more time online! :P

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Les said...

Nat, we love those comfort foods, too. I just wish the weather would make up its mind. We were back up to 85 yesterday. Thanks for the link. I've perused the blog several times and am enjoying the photos! After a few gliches with Blogger and this food blog this past week, I had decided to delete the whole thing last night, but never got around to it. Today it seems to be ok (I republished with a new template) so I guess I'll keep it. For now. I don't want to be too tied to this computer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home